With summer approaching I automatically think about one of my favorite destinations from my personal experiences as well as planning for summer itineraries for clients...Sorrento, Italy.
Where To Stay? Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria is perfectly located with a long beautifully landscaped driveway with huge gates entering the heart of the town as well as also perched atop the cliff over looking the marina and sea.
• Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
• Daily breakfast for up to two in-room guests
• $100 USD equivalent Spa Services credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
• Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
Not only does Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria have the perfect location but in my opinion, all aspects of this hotel are perfected!
• The service makes you feel like you are part of a family and you have a "home" in Sorrento. A "home” you will want to visit every year!
• You will be amazed at every on-property dining experience whether you are dining at their generous breakfast buffet or outdoor between the pool and lemon/orange orchard or at their Michelin starred restaurant over looking the sea.
• The grounds are spacious and well thought out including soccer and basket ball courts for children to play, a spa to relax on the way back from a day of exploring, hammocks throughout the garden to take a nap on during a break from sunning at the pool, a champagne bar for watching the bustle of the town and a terrace in the perfect location for cocktails during sunset.
What To Do? In my opinion, Sorrento makes the perfect "base" for exploring areas of Italy such as Capri, Positano, Ravello, Amalfi, Naples and Pompeii.
My favorites include:
• Full day boating experience exploring all the grottos of Capri, swimming and snorkeling in the sea, stopping at La Conca del Sogno Beach Club for lunch and just relaxing seeing the coast from the view of the boat.
• Cooking class learning how to make recipes authentic to the destination.
• Hiking the "Path of the Gods” in Positano.
• Taking the Hydrofoil to Capri to shop, dine and also visit Villa San Michelle in Ana Capri.
• Private Driver and Guide to visit and learn about Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius.
• Strolling around Sorrento “La Dolce Vita” style through the local shops getting to know the people of Sorrento and support ing their authentic businesses for items such as linen, sandals, citrus scented items, and limoncello.
Relationships are everything! I am fortunate to have true relationships who help me personalize and enhance the vacations I put together for my clients.
I'd love to help you create a memorable experience in Sorrento like I had with my family.